The 2019 Summer Solstice Microadventure Challenge
07th June, 2019
OSS Patron, writer and adventurer Alastair Humphreys has set this year’s Summer Solstice Microadventure Challenge. Summer solstice falls at 5pm on the Friday 21st of June this year, which makes it the perfect time to sprint out of work and into the wilds until the following morning (otherwise known as a 5-to-9 microadventure).
Here’s Alastair’s five-point plan:
- Put the Summer Solstice Microadventure Challenge in your diary right now: overnight on Friday, June 21st. (I know that real life is busy and the weather sometimes sucks, so you can also do this anytime in the week before or after the solstice.)
- Forward this link to whoever you want to rope into the challenge – your friends, your family, your work colleagues, that ridiculously good-looking librarian…
- Go nice places and do good things. Spend the night out in the wild enjoying a microadventure.
- That’s pretty much the end of the plan, and it is certainly all you need to do to have a memorable experience that you’ll never regret and will remember fondly for years. However, because I’m so darned nice and you are so darned desperate to procrastinate and make excuses and not bother doing this thing even though you really want to do it because that’s the ridiculous nature of human beings, I have teamed up with the lovely folk at Alpkit to provide some fantastic prizes as incentive for you to get out and enjoy a 5 to 9 microadventure.
- To be in with a chance of winning a stash of excellent outdoor gear (and a few booby prizes of my own books) simply tag your photos on either Twitter or Instagram with #GoNicePlacesDoGoodThings between June 14th and June 30th.