WELCOME TO THE OUTDOOR SWIMMING SOCIETY
Please note, we are largely a volunteer team and are not be able to respond to every query, and there may be a delay. We do however read every email.
You are warmly invited to join the OSS community on a variety of channels. Jump in and join us!
- OSS Newsletter: sign up for fortnightly swim news, event news, kit reviews, outdoor swim map collections and community stories.
- Facebook: please find us on Facebook, where we have an Outdoor Swimming Society page (where we post stories) and Outdoor Swimming Society group (for community chat with 30,000 strong community of swimmers sharing questions, stories, photos and more. (Please note these are community pages, and advertising, promotion and casting calls are not allowed and will be deleted. Contact press if you need help with casting – a fee and/or typically credit will be required. See FB pages for our full policy).
- Instagram: follow our feed at @theoutdoorswimmingsociety and #outdoorswimmingsociety #sharetheswimlove to share your photos
- Twitter: @OSS_Team
- If you need help or advice establishing or retaining access to an inland beach, you are invited to join the OSS Inland Access FB group and contact the heads of the OSS Inland Access team, Robert Aspey and Chris Dalton on email@example.com. See our OSS Inland Bathing Area Guide.
- Each of our events has it’s own Facebook groups – just search under the event name on Facebook to join pre event chat and training advice.
- Map: please visit the free crowd sourced swim map wildswim.com, which is supported by the OSS, to find places to swim and share images and descriptions of your swims.
- This is a crowd sourced map where you can add risk factors, descriptions and images yourself. For issues that can’t be solved, contact map editor Fiona Pettengale.
If you want a press place in an event, please send details of your commission to Morgan.
- OSS Team: Please see the team page for more details on who does what. If you’d like to join the team as a contributor, or event volunteer, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- An event question? Please see FAQs on each event page or the dedicated Facebook groups. Failing that, email@example.com
- Want to see your event listed on the OSS site? You can for free via our Event Calendar, run by findarace. See the events page and submit your event to them and it will appear on our site.
Shop/ merchandise queries: Anna Sharman on firstname.lastname@example.org
FEATURES, BOOKS, NEWS & NEWSLETTERS
Do you have a story you want to photograph or tell, a book that needs reviewing, a swim collection to share or some community news you’d like to see on the OSS site? We’d love to hear from you, whether it’s an adventure, experience, book, art, kit, research, ecology or outdoors expertise.
Please browse the website to see where your idea fits in. Articles fit into one of the two main sections, Features, or Community. Features subdivide into Adventures, Stories, Film, Books, Kit, Survive and so on. Please email Ella at email@example.com in the first instance. For features, please submit ideas and we will work with you on a brief. For Noticeboard, please submit finished stories wherever possible. Images must be 1700px x 934px minimum.