The OSS Christmas Cracker Prize Draw 2023 Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to The Outdoor Swimming Society (OSS) Christmas Prize Draw 2023.
It is your responsibility to read these terms and conditions before entrance into this prize draw. The OSS is a not-for-profit organisation that is run by volunteers. All income raised from this prize draw will go to The OSS.
Entering the Prize Draw
- Participation in this prize draw is through Crowdfunder at a cost of £5 per prize draw entry. There is a limit of 4,000 entries in the prize draw. The receipt from Crowdfunder is the acknowledgement that the prize draw has been entered, you will not receive a ticket from The OSS.
- Prize draw entries are not to be sold to, sold by, or bought on behalf of anyone under 18 years of age. Any entry bought by or on behalf of somebody under the age of 18 will be rejected from the draw.
- The prize draw is open to mainland Great Britain only (Wales, Scotland and England) and excludes Northern Ireland, Isle of Man and Channel Islands.
- Agencies or other companies that have any connection with the production of the prize draw, as well as relatives of such persons, are unable to enter the prize draw.
- Payment for participation in the prize draw is through Crowdfunder only. No other form of payment can be accepted.
- The OSS accepts no responsibility for prize draw entries which are lost or from which the prize-winner cannot be identified, or for any technical failure or event which may cause the competition to be disrupted or corrupted.
- The OSS accepts no responsibility if the chosen method of payment is cancelled in error.
- Any prize draw monies received after the closing date will be treated as a donation to The OSS and the entry will not be part of the draw.
- The OSS reserves the right to disqualify any entry at their absolute discretion.
The Prize Draw
- The Prize Draw runs from 23.59 on Friday 3rd November 2023 and closes at 23:59 on Wednesday 20th December 2023. The names of the winners to the prize draw will be drawn from the supporter’s details data provided by Crowdfunder on Friday 22nd December 2023.
- Paid entries to the Prize Draw are through the fundraising platform Crowdfunder.
- Prize draw entries received by postcard will be manually entered into Crowdfunder’s supporter’s details database.
- The prize winners will be randomly selected on the draw date. The first entry drawn will win the first prize, the second entry drawn will win the second prize, and this will continue until all the prizes have been won.
- The result of the prize draw is final. No correspondence will be entered into about the prize draw process and results.
- Winners’ names will be published on our website at www.outdoorswimmingsociety.com by 5pm on 24 December 2023, or no later than 7 days of the draw taking place. If you do not wish to have your name published on The OSS website please choose the privacy option when entering the draw through Crowdfunder.
- Winners will be notified by The OSS by email no later than 2 weeks after the draw date. Winners will be given instructions on how to claim their prize in the same email. Prizes will be delivered by the end of February 2024 or later as agreed between the prize winner and the supplier.
- If no contact is made by the winner with the prize supplier within six weeks of the winning email being sent the prize may be forfeit.
- Non-cash prizes are subject to the prize suppliers’ terms and conditions, and any complaints or queries relating to the condition or use of the prize should be directed to the relevant supplier of the prize.
SwimQuest Holiday Terms and Conditions
- The winner will win a twin or double share place on a SwimQuest Mathraki Holiday in 2024. The prize includes one free standard place trip for one person (the winner) based on sharing a twin room. Travel to the airport, flights, on board extras, additional expenses, single room supplements and costs of accompanying guests are not included. The prize is subject to availability, non-transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed against any existing holiday bookings. The prize has no cash equivalent.
- The place includes: 6 nights accommodation, a full swimming itinerary assisted by safety boats where required and always escorted by swim guide/s, breakfasts, lunches on 5 / 6 days. The prize does not include travel to and from Mathraki Island, wetsuit hire (if required), evening meals, drinks, one lunch, single room supplements, room upgrades or any add-ons.
- The winner will be able to choose which SwimQuest 2024 Mathraki trip they wish to attend, subject to SwimQuest’s availability. Trip dates are listed at www.swimquest.uk.com/mathraki.
- The winner must be aged 18 or over on the first day of the trip they choose to attend.
- Winners must adhere to SwimQuest Holidays terms and conditions.
- SwimQuest reserve the right to amend the prize for another SwimQuest holiday if necessary.
- Should the winner prefer, they can choose to accept a £1000 SwimQuest voucher instead of the Mathraki Holiday. This voucher can be used against one 7-day SwimQuest tour of their choice with a start date in 2024, excluding Club La Santa and Croatia tours. Tour choice is subject to availability.
The Outdoor Swimming Society complaints procedure (here).
If you feel you have a problem with gambling, please visit https://www.begambleaware.org/.
Prize Draw Registration Details
The Prize Draw promoter is The Outdoor Swimming Society, a not for profit company, number 05847138.
If you would like more information about prize draws and lotteries please go to www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk.