Alpkit Foundation: Go nice places, do good things
31st October, 2018
Looking for the next way to fund a group adventure, or have an amazing project up your sleeve but need the equipment to make it happen? The Alpkit Foundation was set up to help people Go Nice Places and Do Good Things through giving grants to people, groups and schools with the aim of removing the barriers to getting outdoors and experiencing wild places, and is always keen to find new people and groups to support.
The Foundation supports direct action where it can make a positive difference and help people get out and experience wild places. This could be:
- £50 to £500 cash to individuals, groups, schools and organisations to encourage people to get outdoors and have great experiences that otherwise couldn’t happen; e.g. giving a cash grant to a school to fund transport costs
- Provide discounted equipment for outdoor adventures and trips to individuals, groups, schools and organisations that wouldn’t be viable without support from the Alpkit Foundation
- Support outdoor educational programmes; e.g. grants for outdoor First Aiders or Mountain Leader Training that wouldn’t be possible without Alpkit Foundation support
- Support proactive conservation and environmental projects; e.g. grants to help re-wild woodland
- Support projects that encourage the development of facilities for outdoor skills and activities to be experienced by wider groups who otherwise may miss out e.g. cycling, climbing, outdoor swimming facilities
Some great projects have been funded so far, including a year-long bike ride from Ireland to Asia, scientific research in Arctic Norway and a sea kayaking expedition in Iceland. However, there is a distinct lack of swimming in the funding back catalogue! With millions of rivers, lakes, ponds and shorelines to discover around the world, we are urging you to make the most of this amazing opportunity and apply!